The Architectural Sales Representative will develop and maintain relationships with Commercial Architects, and specifiers while developing new relationships with building owners, contractors and sub-contractors/installers. Expand the use of their Metal Roof and Wall Panel Systems by developing and establishing new transactional customers and identifying new markets to meet sales and growth objectives.
- Use Salesforce.com (CRM), as a workflow tool, daily to effectively plan and manage sales territory, grow database of architects, and maintain current customer information. Focus on activity, project pipeline, and quote pipeline.
- Use ConstructConnect Insight tool to focus on high value target projects, key players and most active influencers to increase the frequency of Single Element Metal Roof and Wall Panel Systems specifications by architects, designers and specifiers during the design phase of projects and nurturing specifications through to a completed sale. Effectively manage prospect pipeline and communicate progress to transactional customer network to build value.
- Build value with transactional customer network by communicating new project pipeline
- Seek out and develop new customer network and grow existing customers within the assigned territory
- Develop strong product knowledge to assist architects and customers with recommending the best metal cladding solutions for their project
- Responsible for identifying and prospecting for new customers
- Exceed Sales Territory Budget
- Use AIA presentations as an educational opportunity to develop new project specification opportunities, increase network, add value, educate, and to promote their Metal Roof and Wall Panel Systems
- Promote and sell Architectural Single Element Metal Roof and Wall Panel Systems to approved sub-contractors/installers in the assigned territory.
- Work with architects and owners to develop specifications for their Metal Roof and Wall Panel Systems
- Work at trade show product booth as required
- Join and attend regional CSI and AIA meetings and/or other relevant industry organizations
- Create and deliver accurate and timely customer quotations
- Demonstrated sales success in the commercial architectural market, 3+ years’ experience managing a multi-million-dollar territory.
- Domestic Travel within the territory approximately 4 days per week; may require some overnight trips
- Ability to use creativity to exceed goals by differentiating Roof and Wall Panel Systems from competition
- Ability to demonstrate the value of their Metal Roof and Wall Panel Systems, and provide timely, appropriate and reliable solutions to architects and customers
- Ability to build long term relationships by providing value, service and help
- Knowledge of the commercial building process and sequencing.
- Consultative and value-based selling skills.
- Possess overall positive attitude, and active interest for architectural design
- Full confidence and trust in their Metal Roof and Wall Panel Systems, personal capabilities and the value each bring to architects and customers
- Captivating and natural presenter that understands when to listen and the questions to ask to provide value
- Comprehensive understanding of the architectural sales cycle and specification selling process
- Thrives on the direct promotion of their Metal Roof and Wall Panel Systems to architects, building owners, contractors and sub-contractors/installers
- Ability to read and interpret architectural drawings
- Ability to understand interpret Influencer needs, selling a ‘solution’ rather than a product