The Architectural Sales Representative will develop and maintain relationships with Commercial Architects in NYC, and specifiers while developing new relationships with building owners, contractors, and sub-contractors/installers.
• Identify, trains, and educates, architects, consultants, engineers, and contractors
• Work with independent sales representatives to facilitate a pull-through strategy to maximize field sales efforts.
• provide professional and technical advice and training to customers
• Develop strong product knowledge to assist architects and customers with recommending the best metal cladding solutions for their project
• Exceed Sales Territory Budget
• Use AIA presentations as an educational opportunity to develop new project specification opportunities, increase network, add value, and educate.
• Work with architects and owners to develop specifications for products
• Work at trade show product booth as required
• Join and attend regional CSI and AIA meetings and/or other relevant industry organizations
• Create and deliver accurate and timely customer quotations
• Demonstrated sales success in the commercial architectural market, 3+ years experience managing a multi-million-dollar territory.
• Ability to use creativity to exceed goals by differentiating company products from the competition
• Ability to demonstrate the value of company products, and provide timely, appropriate, and reliable solutions to architects and customers
• Ability to build long term relationships by providing value, service, and help
• Knowledge of the commercial building process and sequencing.
• Consultative and value-based selling skills.
• Possess overall positive attitude, and active interest in architectural design
• Captivating and natural presenter that understands when to listen and the questions to ask to provide value
• Comprehensive understanding of the architectural sales cycle and specification selling process
• Thrives on the direct promotion of their products to architects, building owners, contractors, and sub-contractors/installers
• Ability to read and interpret architectural drawings
• Ability to understand interpret Influencer needs, selling a ‘solution’ rather than a product
Salary: $120,000-$150,000 plus bonus and full benefits.