The Director of Operations position oversees management of all this building products manufacturing plants operation s to produce products in the most cost effective manner within quality standards.
Position is in Bristol CT. Relocation assistance is provided.
- Manages plant managers at manufacturing facilities to ensure that production of business partners’ product is produced in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Ensures standards for product quality, equipment, and operator performance are maintained and that cost-effective technology is used to maximize production. Ensures fixed assets are preserved. Initiates recommendations on purchases of new equipment and improvements to plant property.
- Develops, monitors, and reports on operating costs within functional areas. Alerts management of cost and labor over run. Makes recommendations and implements solutions to problems related to same.
- Ensures orders are manufactured according to specifications and quality standards are met.
- Advises plant managers on labor issues including safety, security, employee relations, scheduling, training, grievances, etc. Ensures plant managers and supervises are adhering to company policy and administering practices in fair and equitable manner.
- Manages budget and controls expenses effectively.
- Hires, trains, develops and appraises staff effectively. Takes corrective action as necessary on a timely basis and in accordance with company policy. Consults with human resources as appropriate.
- Keeps up-to-date on information and technology affecting functional area(s) to increase innovation and ensure compliance.
- Presents monthly KPIs to the President/Board of Directors.
- Actively involved in all aspects of the business and senior management including budget, financial responsibility, strategic planning, sales and marketing strategies, new product development etc.
This position is directly responsible for leading managers of the division and indirectly responsible for all employees with in the division.
This position requires up to 25% travel. Some of the travel is international.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s or10 or more years of experience managing manufacturing plants.
- Knowledge of industrial engineering, human resources laws and regulations, and employee relations skills.
Preferred Experience but Not Required
- Experience managing manufacturing plants in the building products industry.