Summary: This newly created position is intended to change the focus of how The Company approaches our estimating and drafting services offered to customer.
By focusing in on the business proposition, and specifically matching the value of the service provided with an appropriate price point, this position is aimed to be the cornerstone of the businesses desire to elevate the estimating and drafting functions to an industry leading position in North America.
The objective is to significantly upgrade the quality and service levels of our estimating and drafting outputs, whilst at the same time achieve a level of pricing that is commensurate with the service provided. Effectively, the drafting function will be looked at and managed as a business unit with its own memo P&L.
The role requires executing the new vision and strategic plan for the drafting and estimating functions, whilst managing the drafting and estimating department(s) on a daily basis across North America in their normal activities. These daily activities consist of, but are not limited to, quoting projects, assigning estimator work load and ensuring that in general, company policies are met. A critical part of the job is to manage productivity and outputs through the effective use of the most appropriate technology available. This could well include the evaluation and introduction of software new to THE COMPANY.
• Primary Duty – Assume managerial responsibility for all departmental drafting and estimating activity across THE COMPANY, achieved by:
o Executing strategic vision for estimating & drafting functions
o Establishing KPI’s, and measuring performance to these KPI’s
o Recruitment and development of all estimating & drafting personnel including training
o Establish and maintain the organization of the estimating & drafting teams
o Development and maintaining estimating & drafting systems and procedures
o Ensure that estimating & drafting inputs are standardized
o Confer as necessary with other THE COMPANY personnel in other departments to discuss and resolve issues
o Liaison with key customers
• Bachelor’s degree with technical or architectural bias desirable
• Five years’ experience with building envelope product
• Minimum five years drafting and/or estimating experience
• CAD Expertise required
• REVIT expertise desirable, knowledge required
• General knowledge of estimating software programs
• Must be highly proficient in all Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Power Point) and Outlook
• Experience of Salesforce a plus
Other Skills and Requirements:
• Ability to read and interpret structural and architectural drawings.
• Ability to understand and interpret project specifications, addendums, special provisions and all other applicable project documents.
• Excellent organizational skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to effectively lead a multi-site drafting & estimating team