Our client has a great opportunity for a candidate with strong Hospital Capital Equipment sales experience to join our Texas sales team.
The company is a leading manufacturer of medical technologies and related services used in hospitals throughout the United States
The successful candidate will have strong experience selling Capital Equipment into hospitals.
Candidates with experience selling hospital beds, monitoring equipment, asset tracking, or ultrasound have had success.
Essential Job Functions
- Identify and qualify customer needs, develop sales strategies, and negotiate and close profitable projects with end-users.
- Provide timely and effective sales presentations to prospective customers.
- Conduct job surveys, specify the type of system required, provide a cost proposal and layout to be used as a basis for the contract
- Meet with prospective customers as well as existing customers that have multiple facilities to expand those accounts
- Using a consultative sales approach, undertake site surveys, customer meetings, formal presentations, and collaborative sales initiatives to develop a comprehensive solution for the customer. Present the solution in a formal Scope of Work document and generate a quote in Salesforce
- Work with the assigned Account Manager (AM) to ensure they develop the overall territory. This includes giving direction to the AM on cold calling campaigns, sales literature mail-outs, product information, quotations, and other activities as assigned
- Develop and execute a strategic plan to promote growth within the territory
- Attend trade shows and other customer events in assigned territories
- Other duties as assigned
Education / Required Experience:
- The preferred candidate will have sales experience selling capital equipment into hospitals
- College degree or equivalent education and work experience
- Minimum 5 years of hospital sales experience required
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to build relationships with key prospects and senior executives
- Ability to work independently, be a self-starter and be self-motivated
- Work well with other members of the sales team and other groups within the company
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Excel, and Word is essential
- Physically capable of setting up and tearing down trade show booths and demo kits
- Valid Driver’s license and a good driving record is required
- Must have the ability to travel 50% of the time